Saturday 18 January 2014

PUNK!: Dissertation Shoot



Hi Guys!

 I have been super busy these last few weeks since I returned back to university. As I mentioned in a previous post a few weeks ago I have been preparing for my dissertation practical . As I study a creative course we were given the option of doing an 8,000 word dissertation or a 4,000 piece with a response to what we were talking about/addressing in our essay. As my dissertation question is ‘How Has Vivienne Westwoods Early Punk Style Influenced Fashion?’. I have been looking at fashion designers who have been influenced in some way or another by punk. I decided to recreate 5 outfits from 5 different designers to portray this.
As I’ve mentioned in other blog posts, I don’t always feel confident with photography at all, and styling is more where my heart lies within this area, so my friend James Robinson photographed both days for me as he is very good!! I re-mastered and styled both shoots with clothing I bought from eBay, charity shops and things I have found at home that would be perfect for my shoot. I paid close attention to detail by even sewing on buttons for them to look more like the original outfit. I had two professional models that both have an impressive portfolio of work between them, for the make up I used two girls who both study Hair and Make Up Design at my university Aprill Ross and Frankie Sassquatch. The whole team were amazing and I can’t wait to work with them all again in the future, - more shoots are 100% pending! I just thought I’d share some sneak peak photos with you from the shoot, I won’t be getting the final edited images until next week though. Enjoy!


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment