Tuesday 17 December 2013

What I've been up to....


So basically over the summer I was doing an internship with a freelance fashion stylist called Kylie Griffiths.  For one of my units at university I had to carry out an internship, the work experience had to be within the field of work we wish to pursue when we finish uni. It was a great experience and I learnt a lot about the styling process during my time there, some days were good and some were bad. I worked closely with PR companies when dealing with returns and pick ups and it really widened my knowledge on how PR companies work, - although having taken a PR unit at university you really don’t learn the works until you do it first hand! Some of the highlights of my internship was styling Lucy from Towie for a shoot with FHM, the location house which was used was absolutely amazing! I have never been in such a beautiful house, - to be honest both houses on both shoots were amazing, it really gave me something to work towards.Overall I had a great time and it really helped me decide what I want to do as a career when I’ve finished uni, I definitely still want to pursue my dreams of being a stylist, but I have also decided I want to venture down the route of buying and I am steering towards this area and will be demonstrated within my final major project. I’m now on the hunt for internships/work experience related to this area, looking at trend forecasting and buying 
opportunities.

 









4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, it was such a great experience! xx

      Delete
  2. I did the same course as you many years ago at Southampton to hun!! Looks like you had an awesome experience on this shoot with your styling, sounds good! :-)

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, how weird you did the same course as me! Love your blog by the way, its very comforting to know your now in the buying industry as thats what I want to do! x

      Delete